Thursday, April 28, 2016
Limbo
So until all the test results come back, I'm waiting in limbo. But rest assured I am not sitting idly by!
At the moment I'm still working as full time as I can, excepting the days I've had to take off for various appointments, tests, and recovery periods. I can still work normally, with the exception of now wearing an environmental mask to prevent inhalation of hair, dust, and other yuck into my already damaged lungs. My back is a little sore from the spinal biopsy, but nothing that a little Motrin can't fix.
I've also adopted a "cancer diet". There are many out there, but they all seem to agree that sugar and carbs are the devil, and so despite my life-long sweet tooth, I have given them up. My diet now focuses on fresh vegetables and greens, lean proteins, good fats and oils, and very little else. I'm bored sick of water and salad, but hey, it's worth it! And I'm learning lots of new recipes to make up for it- carb-free bread is pretty easy, I'm still working on the carb-free cookies.
I'm pretty tired from losing my caffeine and sugar intake, but I've been doing my best to keep active during the day, and get plenty of rest at night. It's like walking a very confusing tightrope, but hopefully once I get in with my permanent treatment team, they can give me some more direct guidelines to follow and it won't be so puzzling. For now I'm just going with general knowledge type advice and hoping that it helps at least a little.
Well, that's all for this morning! Off to groom some puppies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment