Started round 6 of chemo yesterday. Spent the day at the hospital getting the first 2 drugs and all my extra fluids and whatnot. Got home about 7pm, had some dinner, and went to bed. Woke up feeling about the same- I've been tired and a little bleh all week, but nothing serious. Today will be spent on the couch, keeping up with my food, fluids, and meds like a good girl. I'm off all week, so I don't have to worry about anything else until Monday the 13th. The pump finishes my last chemo med on Wednesday evening. Then I'll have 5 days to finish recovering before I go back. I gave myself a little extra time this round, since I was still feeling pretty weak when I started working again last time.
That's all the news for now. It'll still be a couple weeks before we do the scans to see how these 2 rounds worked, and then Dr Kang will decide where to go from here. We did talk to him in the hospital yesterday, it sounds like he did procure the new drug for me to try, he's just waiting on FDA approval for me to be a single-person study at Johns Hopkins, since as always, the drug is not approved for my cancer, because we don't know what my cancer is. He said he doesn't foresee them giving him any trouble about it though, so if the scans show that the chemo did good work this time, we'll most likely start with that soon. If he thinks that a little more chemo might be the better way to go first, then we might do another round instead. Not my first option, but he's the expert, so as long as my body is handling it okay, we'll go with what he thinks is best.
No comments:
Post a Comment