Saturday, March 18, 2017

Radiation Week 1

Just touching base. First week of radiation went well. Had a little fatigue, but nothing much else. Because of the depth they're radiating, they said I should not experience any skin irritation or other side effects- possibly some minor irritation of the lower esophagus, but I really haven't even noticed that too much. The appointments are very easy, just 10 minutes lying in a machine similar to a CT scanner. We only see the actual doctor on Mondays, so right now we're just doing the treatments- Monday we'll meet with him again, I'm not sure if we'll be discussing how effective the treatments have been or not. Last time we just discussed side effects and overall health.

Another 4 days of radiation, and we move on to the new oral treatment on Friday. Dr Kang has already set up the appointments for that. We'll be meeting with him a week after I start the new drug, on the 31st.

Other than that, feeling fine. My back is getting a little sore from time to time, but it's well controlled on my regular meds. Will post more updates when I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment