Friday, July 8, 2016

Amazing News!!!

Home!!
Alright, so here's all the news we got today.
Blood work- Awesome. Once again almost back to normal, within a few points of my last blood work, and well within normal healthy parameters.
The CT scan showed that the 2 rounds of chemo seriously kicked this tumor in the ass. We're guessing it at about a 75% reduction in size, maybe even more. It shrank a LOT. So much so that my cough has basically vanished. This is awesome.
Dr Kang, upon reviewing our progress, said now is a great time to go to the clinical trial. I can't stay on that chemo regiment forever (eventually, it will start doing damage to my body). But the tumors are small enough now that we have time to explore other methods of controlling or destroying it. So Ty has been busily coordinating with the hospital in New York, I am already accepted into the trial and we are just waiting for Hopkins to send some tissue samples up to Sloane-Kettering for their pathology department to review. In a week or so we'll go up there to meet with them and get me started on this new medication. Their are several up sides to this: the drug is less damaging to non-cancer tissue than traditional chemo, the drug has less side effects, and by the sounds of it, I can stay on that drug a lot longer.
And of course, the most important part: the lesions in my back have not gotten any worse, so the doc says I can ride again if I'm cautious. We're also going to do an infusion they have that will strengthen my bones and help prevent any injuries.
So basically everything we got today is incredibly good news. We have seriously kicked some cancer ass, and we're going to continue on doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment