Sloan-Kettering received our samples, we're just waiting for them to call us now- as soon as they do we'll be in the car same day and heading up to NYC.
I've been out riding twice so far and I feel great!
Thanks to some really great friends (Nikki, Mira, Meredith, and whoever else made it possible!) I am the proud owner of a BioMat- it's like a heating pad on steroids. It uses far infrared rays and negative ions along with heat to promote full body health in many ways. Just another amazing tool to add to my arsenal! Keeping the rest of me in good health is just as important as finding ways to attack the cancer cells, so any and every way we can find to do that is huge.
Thanks to my other friends Leah & Erik, who enrolled us in a produce delivery service, I've also been enjoying vitamin- rich power smoothies as part of my daily diet now. Since my taste is more or less back to normal and I'm not getting chemo right now, I've been trying to readjust my diet back to pre-chemo- low sugar, limiting processed foods, more fish, less meat, etc. Lots of fruits and veggies especially, and particularly those with a strong association of being good cancer-fighters. Again, every little bit helps!
So that's about it for now... another week of just sort of coasting along and waiting for things to happen. Hopefully very soon we'll get the call to head to NY, and then I'll have lots of info to update on the new treatment. Dr. Kang did also mention an immunotherapy trial starting up at Hopkins, so if this trial doesn't work out, we have some other options on the back burner before we resort to chemo again.
Love you guys! And hey, I'm getting married on Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment