Sunday, October 9, 2016

Back to the Big Apple

Just checked into our hotel room for the night.  Tomorrow we go back for my first follow-up since starting the meds.  We don't know exactly what will be going on- blood work and vitals I'm sure; I don't know about any other testing they plan to do.  Then I'll take another dose there, and do another 6 hour observation period, with more blood tests and probably more EKGs.  As far as I know, this will be the last time we have to do all that.  Then we go home and wait 2 more weeks.  My guess is at that point they'll probably do some more scans to see where we're at.

Not much else to report...  we are going to ask them about the Zometa, and whether they think I should continue receiving it or not.  They told us before that there was no reason I COULDN'T continue with it, but Ty wants to ask more specifically if they think I SHOULD keep it up-  I don't see why we shouldn't, but he wants a professional opinion, so we're going to talk it over with them.  And also see about getting me some longer lasting pain killers- my back has been giving me some trouble at night, and the Oxycodone I have is a fast-release pill that only lasts a few hours.  It's not quite getting me through the nights.

So that's about it for tonight.  We're unwinding for a few hours before we head out to our bar for all-you-can eat mussels night!!!  Woot.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment