Saturday, October 15, 2016

Superman Bone Juice, Round 2

Yesterday I got another dose of the Zometa- I was supposed to have it after my last round of chemo a few weeks ago, but that was when I got pneumonia, and I just wasn't up to anymore treatments.  We're going to discuss it with Dr Gounder next week- I had meant to ask him last time we were there and I forgot.  I emailed him, but didn't get an answer until after the dose was administered.  His opinion was that I don't need the Zometa "unless I'm at risk for bone fractures".  So we need to find out if he considers horseback riding "at risk" or not- that was the only reason Dr Kang suggested it in the first place; currently there's no evidence that my bones are any weaker, we just know there are some tumors in them.  So, we'll see whether or not Dr Gounder thinks I need to continue.  As long as they let me keep riding, I don't really care if I get the Zometa or not :-P  .

Feeling pretty good, just a little extra sore today.  Gearing up for a great week, followed by my biggest horse camping trip of the year next weekend!  And then back to NYC next Monday.

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment