Had a good follow-up this morning. Blood work, EKG, and other labs all look normal. Now we wait those last 2 weeks to get the scans done and see where we're at. Dr Gounder reminded us that the scans are not definitive one way or the other, but just a way to gauge our progress and then we'll sit down to make decisions. If my tumors have grown but are still not causing any immediate danger, and I still feel physically well, we will probably be able to continue the drug. If anything has shrunk or even just held steady, it will of course be a much more encouraging sign. Right now I still feel good. I had some really bad back pain, which subsided last week. The past couple days have been rough, but I think it's mostly because I overdid it at the horse show, and then spent nearly 10 hours in a car over a 48 hour period. Hopefully it will calm down again. And the rest of me feels fine- eating well, breathing well, etc. So, fingers crossed.
In other news, I now have a nice crop of stubble on my head, and my eyelashes and brows have finally started to come in. In a few weeks I'll look like a non-cancer patient for a change. :-P And who knows- maybe we'll find out that I'm well on the way to being a non-cancer patient.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment