Monday, January 16, 2017

Can't Sleep, Clowns Will Eat Me...

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later- I'm officially tired of sleeping.  This bed is horribly uncomfortable, and there doesn't appear to be a sufficient quantity of drugs in my system to overcome it tonight.  Granted, I did doze off around 8pm, so, I suppose it's only fair that I'm awake now at nearly 3am and feeling like going back to bed is probably not an option any time soon.  I did just take more muscle relaxers, since one of the biggest problems with lying in bed all day is the constant pain and spasms.  But, still don't think sleep is coming for me any time soon.

Luckily, it's now technically Tuesday, which means only 2 more days of imprisonment.  I am counting down the hours until Thursday morning when I can finally get some freedom- freedom of not having to drag an IV pump around with me everywhere, freedom to take a REAL shower, freedom to go home and see my babies and my real bed.  Sigh...  we're almost there.  Considering I've been locked in here for 8 days already, I think I've held up fairly well overall.  But even my patience appears to have limits.

They just switched out my chemo bag for the night... just one more bag to go before my freedom.  Wish me luck...  And sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment