So the broncoscopy appears to have been successful, my left lung is functioning well again. I've been off oxygen for days and my stats are staying up. So that's good news.
The final decision was for me to do chemo first, so we started that a few days ago. Normally, I'm allowed to get my first 2 drugs in the hospital, and take the longer one home with a pump for 4 days afterwards. Unfortunately, because it was a Friday before a holiday weekend, they were not able to coordinate getting the pump to me in time. So I'm staying in the hospital for the full length of time (5 days) to get the chemo done. The up side is, at home I'm normally mostly on my own during the day, whereas here I've got 24/7 coverage and IV hydration to keep me feeling good. My pain regiment is pretty much perfected, and if any other side effects crop up, the staff are fast on hand to fix them. So this is probably the most comfortable chemo week I've ever spent, and I'm hoping my recovery time will be easier because of all the extra support as well.
It's Sunday today. My last treatment will finish up late Wednesday night (too late to discharge me), so I'll be released Thursday morning. In addition to the chemo, at some point they'll be administering my Superman Bone Juice, since we were due for that this weekend as well. Nice to get everything done at one time, anyhow. I'm sure there will be various follow-ups and whatnot in the next few weeks leading up to my next round of chemo, but we haven't discussed those in detail yet. For now, it's all about getting me through the next few days until Thursday. And as much as it's nice to have the staff here, I do miss my home, my bed, and my boys.
So that's it for now. As far as I know, we're planning on 2 rounds of chemo, then possibly some radiation, and then the drug that Dr Kang is looking into for us. As always, more updates whenever they arrive!
No comments:
Post a Comment