So some people wanted more specifics about my chemo, so for those who are interested here are the details.
I'm receiving Cisplatin and Docetaxel by infusion every 3 weeks. The 4-day pump is called 5-Fluorouracil. They'll hook me up to that before I leave here today, and it will come off again Friday.
Saturday I come back for a Neulasta shot- that will help stimulate my immune system to produce more white cells and platelets to replace those being damaged by the treatments.
They're also giving me lots of IV fluids, as well as anti-nausea meds, steroids, and other stuff to help make me feel better and counteract the side effects of the treatments. I have a goody bag from the pharmacy of more of the same to take home with me. So hopefully we'll be able to keep the side effects under control.
First Treatment:
So far I'm doing well, I've been snacking and drinking the whole time, watching TV and playing with all my gadgets. Really it's not much different from what I'd be doing at home right now, except that I'm here, and there's a needle in my chest. We came very well prepared, a cooler full of food, my notebooks for writing, coloring books, phone, computer, etc. I'm in my flannel jammies with my fuzzy slippers for comfort. I have my heating pad, and multiple pillows. There's even a TV in my nook. I can't complain at all in terms of general comfort. So far the treatment hasn't bothered me much either, although it may set in worse as time goes on. But right now, doing good!
:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment