I have 2 tests scheduled this week. This morning (Monday) I had an MRI done on my nasal tract to check for tumors. Wednesday afternoon I have another chest CT scan to try to get an idea of the growth rate of the chest tumors. I'm not sure when I'll get information back about either of those- at the moment our next follow-up with Dr Kang is not until the 27th.
We also got an information packet for a clinical drug trial out of Sloan Kettering Hospital in New York. They're running a small phase 2 trial that includes the rare type of tumor I have (INI1 Deficient). It's encouraging that someone is working on this type of cancer since it affects so few people. I sent the basic information to Dr Kang and am hoping that we can discuss it with him soon and decide if it's a good idea for me to enter into it or not.
So, as always- still waiting. But I'm in good health and humor, and at least I feel like there's finally some forward momentum happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment