Thursday, May 12, 2016

Johns Hopkins Updates

Well, we're getting closer!

Dr Kang at Johns Hopkins is reasonably certain that what we're dealing with is a rare sinonasal cancer.  We're doing one more MRI this coming Monday to examine my sinuses and see if they can find anything unusual to biopsy in order to be 100% positive, but all the information he has is that this is looking like sinonasal.  He also ordered another chest CT in order to see how fast the tumors are growing.  All this information will help him decide exactly how aggressive to be with my treatment.  Right now, his working plan involves chemotherapy with 3 separate drugs, administered on a 3 week schedule, and at some point some radiation for the bone areas.  This is not confirmed yet though, he just mentioned it as what he's looking at right now based on his current information.  The two tests are Monday & Wednesday, and we have a follow-up with him the following Friday.  That appointment is subject to change depending on the results from these tests.

I'm a little disappointed that we're not moving faster, but I know that getting the right answer is more important than rushing into treatment, so I'm trying to be patient.  I appreciate all the love and good thoughts that have been flowing in from all directions.

Will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment