Monday, September 5, 2016

Happy Labor Day

Well it appears I spoke too soon on Thursday- although chemo went easier this time, the cold I had been developing right before my treatment flared into a nasty chest cold as my immune system started dipping.  Last couple days were pretty rough, but they've got me on a bunch of meds now and I'm happy to say I'm on the mend.  I took an extra day at home today, but I'll be back to work tomorrow.  I have a short week at work, we're leaving Friday afternoon to go down to Ty's family lake house and hang out with some of his family for the weekend.  Ruff will enjoy it, he can swim off the dock.

I was supposed to be getting more Zometa on Tuesday, but between my illness and some scheduling issues I've cancelled that.  There's not a strict schedule for it, patients receive treatments anywhere from 4-12 weeks apart, and this was only going to be 4 weeks, so I just asked them to let me delay it a couple weeks until I'm feeling up to more treatments.  If I have to get another round of chemo, maybe we'll do it then.  If Sloan-Kettering calls first, we'll just get it scheduled when we can.

We did get a call from them on Friday.  Nothing big, just our case manager introducing herself and letting us know that she was working on our insurance requests.  I believe she said they were sending the papers out that day, so hopefully we can start looking for a phone call in the next week or two.  She was very nice- if you have need for a clinical cancer trial, I strongly recommend Sloan Kettering.  We have been nothing but pleased with their staff and even though the process is taking longer than we hoped, I don't think it's anything against them, they seem to be working as fast as they can.

Well my Sudafed and Oxycodone are beginning to interact in fun ways, so I'm going to stop trying to type now and just zone out in front of the TV for a bit.  :-P  Keep the prayers coming!!  Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment