Friday, September 23, 2016

The Date Is Set!

Next Wednesday, September 28th, we go back to NYC to meet with the docs and start my treatment!

They've already scheduled me for my first follow-up on Monday Oct. 10th as well.  We'll be on a 2-week schedule for a few months, until they determine that I can go to a monthly schedule instead.  I'm not entirely sure yet what the 2 week follow-ups will entail-  I know I'll be getting frequent scans, but I'm not sure if that's EVERY 2 weeks, or if every 2 weeks is just a regular follow-up appointment and they'll scan when they feel like it.  We'll probably get those types of answers when we go up on the 28th.

We got our copies of my CT and PET scans, but without the reports (which aren't finished yet) we're not entirely sure what we're looking at yet, so I'll hold off on any commentary about that until we get the reports in.  Hopefully they're the same or better than my last set of scans, which was between rounds 2 and 3 of chemo.

I'll update again when the reports come in, or after the 28th, whichever comes first!

No comments:

Post a Comment