Hey guys. So yesterday I went back for chemo one more time (hopefully the last time for at least a while). It went good, no problems. Blood work looked good. I was able to receive the Zometa bone treatment for the first time- we will hopefully be continuing that on a 4-6 week schedule for the near future (I'm not sure how long people usually stay on it, I imagine that evaluations will be required to tell if it works or not).
Feeling okay today- pretty tired. I imagine that's a combination of things, including the fact that I spent the weekend out camping and riding horses. We had a great time, but I definitely came home exhausted and a little sunburned. And the Zometa is reported to have some mild flu-like "blah" side effects, which is pretty much what I already get from the chemo. So I'm probably going to spend some extra time on the couch this week compared to last round.
It sounds like my official screening date is the 22nd. We'll probably have to go up a week later to actually get the medication dispensed- it takes 3 weeks between the last day of chemo and the first day you can actually take the new medication.
So that's about it for now- just going to spend the week resting and relaxing, and next week it's back to work and time to start preparing for NYC!
No comments:
Post a Comment