Sorry I haven't posted much, there hasn't been anything to update until now.
After a lot of back and forth, it sounds like we won't be going up to NYC for the trial screening until Aug 18th. That means that we're going to have to squeeze a round of chemo in. So they're scheduling that for Monday. I'm going to finish out my work week, and go on the horse camping trip we had planned for this weekend. Then we'll do the chemo, and I'll have my week off. I'm talking to the doc and hoping that they can do the bone-strengthening infusion at the same time as my chemo, that would be really helpful- I'm allowed to ride, but everyone is still nervous about the integrity of my spine, so getting this treatment done would probably help everyone feel a little better.
It would have been nice to get in sooner, but, at least we have hard dates to work with now. And since Dr Kang spoke directly to the trial doctor today, we know that my extra round of chemo won't be an issue for the trial- we'll just have to wait for their 3 week "cleansing" period to be over before I can start the new drug. That's only another week after the screening date, so, no biggie.
Time to go enjoy the rest of my week! The weather is lovely and I'm going riding. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment