Friday, June 17, 2016

Blood Results & Updates

So all my blood work today was great. My white blood cells and platelets rebounded to their normal levels. My electrolytes are great. Organ function is all good. Nothing at all to interrupt the course of treatment, which is good. Basically I could not have done any better if I tried. :-)

Chatted with one of my medical team, and she was very pleased with everything, both my blood work and my physical well being after round 1. We went ahead and scheduled Round 3, 3 weeks after this Monday, and right before that round, we'll be doing a CT scan to check on my progress. So July 8th, we'll start to get a handle on how the treatment is working and start answering all the other questions, like when can I ride again, and if/when I can go to the clinical trial in New York, etc. We can't really answer any of those types of questions until we see how the chemo is working, so until July 8th, the focus will just be getting me through Round 2, and hopefully getting me back to normal just as quickly as the first time.

Today is the first day I gave in and wore a head scarf. I still have some hair, but it's pretty ratty looking. I imagine I'll break down and shave it soon. :-P

So that's all I've got for today! Have a happy Friday everyone. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment