Starting to feel the very beginnings of my "low point" (on a cellular level that is). There's a point in every chemo cycle where your cell counts (good and bad) drop the furthest- for one of my drugs that starts at day 4-5, which is pretty much now. I still feel pretty good, but I definitely notice an increase in overall fatigue. I'm not sleepy exactly, I just don't feel like I can do very much when I'm up and about. I also feel cold quickly when I get up off my cozy, blanket-wrapped couch spot. So, time to keep the shawls and sweaters on hand I guess.
Due to the number of support meds I'm on, I don't anticipate that it will get too terribly bad, especially this first cycle- it sounds like I'll mostly just be very fatigued for a few days. They gave us a breakdown of particular nutrients that can be sapped from the body during this time, so I'm eating foods high in all of them daily to try to counterbalance that. Beyond that, it's just a lot of resting. You know, cause I haven't been doing THAT all week long... :-P
So that's about it... just wanted to keep the updates flowing. The icky-feeling days may be coming, but that just means the cancer cells are dying, and that's a good thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment