Saturday, June 4, 2016

Yay Weekend!

Happy Saturday!!

I got some great sleep sans-pump, and had my first REAL SHOWER!!!  Ahhh...  Hibachi dinner sat well.  Got up this morning and ran to Hopkins for my Neulasta shot.  They said I could feel a little bit of achiness in the next 48 hours, but other than that it shouldn't affect me.

I think I'm going to dub my new obsession "The Cancer Sandwich".  :-P  I have seriously been non-stop on these things all week:  Wheat bread, swiss cheese, chicken breast, fresh tomatoes, fresh kale, and a little mayo.  Incredibly tasty.  Tonight we're making a huge pot of baked potato soup- it's super high in potassium, which is one of the minerals they worry about me losing in the chemo process.  The other is magnesium, which is apparently easily found in whole wheat (hence the sandwiches).  I'm sure it won't be all so easy, but it's been nice this first week at least that I can still eat pretty much anything comfortably.  My appetite hasn't suffered at all either.

Went down to the barn for a bit- it was hot and buggy, but it was nice to see my petulant little pony for a few minutes.  Leah got some nice shots of us for the benefit flyer.

And now- a whole lot of resting, because I've probably already overdone it today.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment