So July 8th (next Friday), I'm getting a CT scan. That will show how much the tumors in my chest have shrunk from the first few rounds of treatment. Which will tell us both how well the chemo is working, and when I might be at a safe place to try that clinical trial drug instead of chemo for a while.
I emailed Dr Kang to ask about whether this scan would also tell us if I can go back to riding or not. I didn't get a direct answer, but after the email he scheduled me for a PET scan a week later. The PET scan is more of a head-to-toe cancer screen, it shows us all cancer activity in my entire body in better detail. So I'm guessing/hoping that after THAT scan, we'll be able to sit down and talk about whether I can ride again or not. And also it will give us more data to work with as far as my overall treatment and the clinical trial. That scan is scheduled for Friday the 15th.
We have been in touch with the trial people by the way, we're working on getting them all the information they need from Hopkins so that I'm all enrolled and ready to go whenever the time is right.
Full speed ahead!!
No comments:
Post a Comment