Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Ditching the Meds!

Today was my first full day with zero anti-nausea meds.  I've been steadily weaning off of them since the weekend- after Saturday I was allowed to stop my prescribed regiment and only take them as needed.  But today, no pills!!  Well none of those pills.  I did have to take some cough suppressant, and still a LITTLE Advil for the throat.  But compared to the 10-odd pills a day I was taking before, still a vast improvement!!

Had a good day- did a full day's work, came home and hit Costco to stock up the house and shop with supplies, and had some tasty ribs for dinner.  My sense of taste is down to about 70, maybe 80 percent at this point.  I have some residual taste left, but it's very dull, and there are certain flavors that don't appear to show up at all.  But it's still enough to enjoy eating, even if it doesn't taste perfect.  (And chocolate seems to be one flavor that still shows up pretty strongly, so hey, I've got that going for me!)

I was absolutely elated to get an email today from Dr Kang saying that I can go ahead and get my dental work done before my next round of chemo.  Dental work and chemo don't always mix, due to the compromised immune system issues, but since we're still early on and I got the Neulasta shot, he feels comfortable letting me get the work done now.  Getting my teeth perfect before wedding pictures was a huge deal for me, so I'm so happy I don't have to put it off any longer.  Next Thursday I will have a pearly white smile again!

I opened up a few more appointments at work- I'm feeling good even working full days, so I want to make a little extra money and take care of some more of my request clients before I have to be out for 2 more weeks.  Don't worry- I'm not overdoing it!  :-P

Well, that's all for tonight.  Gonna chill out another hour or so and then get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment